Saturday, October 2, 2010

The Wild Card build

As some of you know I have been in the process of this build for some time. I have been doing tons of research on these old  balloon tire bikes, and making a list of parts for the build. I am starting the Build with a 1953 Rollfast 26" frame and a front crank/ sprocket from a 1932 Elgin. Above is the picture of where everything started from.. A lot more to come so stay tuned! 
Here is a run down of parts being used for the build..
1953 Rollfast 26" frame
Monark springer front end (repros)
1932 Elgin front sprocket and crank arms (sprocket is a 26 skip tooth)
1938 Schwinn Paramount hubs
Brooks leather saddle (B72)
N.O.S. Diamond Skip Tooth Chain
J.C. Higgins grips (white)
1950's Schwinn seat post and clamp
1930's 8 tooth TDC Track cog
1920's Champs Elysées bars (repros)

4 comments:

  1. cant wait to see the finished product

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what kind of seat you're going to get yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a set of schwinn high flange hubs that are incorrect for the paramount track bike restoration I am doing. If you would be interested let me know, I am looking for a front high flange paramount track hub if you run across any. picture of the hubs is here http://i54.tinypic.com/9uyrrs.jpg

    ReplyDelete